Tuesday, July 16
Depart: Campsite between
Indianapolis, Indiana & St. Louis, MODestination: Campsite near Abilene, KS
Distance: 399-634 Miles
Driving Time: 6 hours 26 minutes-10 hours 14 minutes
Possible stops along the way: Eisenhower Presidential Library, Museum, and Boyhood Home (9-6)
Abbie/Katie's Plans
8:30am: Amazing Babysitter, Mary, arrives
9:30am: Appointment with Gestational Diabetes RN
work
3:15pm: OB appointment
Updates from the road: A slower paced day, from the sounds of it. Started off with a stop in St. Louis:

Next: Kansas, home of all sorts of stuff related to Eisenhower

In case you didn't know, Adam did his senior history thesis on Eisenhower, and this was not his first trip to Abilene. One of my first gifts for him was a talking Ike doll (think presidential Barbie) I found at the political store at Union Station. I've told him, if he takes me to DDE library, I'm taking him to the Kennedy one.

They are camping again tonight.
My day went pretty much according to schedule. The RN I met with was happy to find out 1) I had already changed my diet and 2) I had taught biology, so I didn't need the science lesson on the simple sugars/carbs/proteins. I will continue to use my ap to track my food. I have to do a glucose test 4x a day. So far, I've only wasted like 5 test strips and unnecessarily pricked myself like 6 times. I'm learning. I also got to wait at CVS for 60 minutes for them to put labels on 3 pre-packaged boxes for me-- sigh. My OB reports I have lost 2 pounds in the last week, bringing me down to 138. It's hard to eat a lot of calories without carbs, especially when you're me.

Katie had a great time with Mary today, and was relatively well-behaved during our 60 minutes wait for the OB (a theme for today?). Let's hope she likes flying as much as she likes making her elephant fly - she adores Dumbo now.
I am anxious about all parts of tomorrow- from my pre-breakfast glucose reading all the way to the drive once I meet up with Adam and Matt. I get this way when I travel, but with it being solo, pregnant, and Katie's first flight, I feel it's warranted. I am hoping I can mentally leave work in Maryland and give my brain a break for the first time in about a year. I love my job, but it's never over and I don't want to burn out.
Nice Camera Pictures:
No comments:
Post a Comment