Saturday, October 15, 2011

A very busy Friday

Friday we had a big day with 3 big events!

Our first event of the day was going to "Running of the Brides" in Chevy Chase. Now if you've ever seen the video of this event in Boston, you think I'm nuts for bringing a baby to this.. but it's really not like that (it was my 3rd time going to it, so I knew what I was in for). We had to make a onesie for the event- in a big enough size that if she was too cranky to attend, she could wear it again...
The picture when I made it on Thursday. Call me the crafty, stay-at-home mom, eh?

Ready to go!

Katie was great for the event, and more importantly, AUNT BECCA FOUND A DRESS! It was a fun and painless process. We're really excited! Here's a picture of Becca and Katie in one of the not-winning dresses:

After lunch the drive back to our side of the beltway, we went for Katie's one month appointment. Katie went to the doctors and continues to get rave reviews-- she's up to 7lbs 10.5 oz and the only concern we have is some ongoing reflux, which we're working on.

The day ended with a visit from Mary Alice. It was her first time seeing her Goddaughter in person. We had a great visit! MAH comes back Sunday to watch the Redskins game with us (she's in town for Megan Stobie's wedding).

Today was generally a lazy day around the house. Dawn and I went to a consignment sale in Greenbelt through Wee Sales. I bought a jogging stroller and some great sports gear. Dawn got Katie some clothes since I had an "I'm only allowed to buy.." list.

This evening, Katie successfully slept through her 2nd Mass. Fr. Barry came over to say hi before Mass began, and was excited to meet her. Adam heads to a lacrosse tournament tomorrow, so we'll start our "Mommy and me" time a bit early this week. I continue to attempt to clean the house and keep up on Thank You notes. I am in awe of how much dog hair there still is. Lots to do before the family invades town for the Baptism in about a month!

No comments:

Post a Comment