Saturday, October 29, 2011

Doggy, GB, Terps

This picture is one I think Adam';s family will appreciate. The stuffed animal is "doggy," which Adam got as a gift when he was little. Doggy has been well-loved and is usually hidden in our room in case the dogs ever forget that they're not allowed stuffed animals. While cleaning this week, I discovered Doggy's hiding place among the stuffed animals, and took a picture of Katie with the stuffed friend. She's about the same size as it!




From Drop Box
Here's a big one of Katie. She has some "cradle cap," which is a flakiness of the skin and scalp. It's apparently pretty common, and any fixes for it are just cosmetic, so it's best to let it run its course. She's unphased by it.

Yesterday, I did some touch-up painting in the kitchen and wanted Katie to be a bit removed from the paint fumes, so I put her in her crib. I read stories online of children who don't like the vast emptiness of their crib, but Katie loves the freedom to move around as best she can. I got great advice from my friend Katie Denton to get the video monitor.. it sounds like a luxgury, which I guess it is, but it give me such piece of mind.. especially when Katie starts crying: I can see that's she's fine, so I can attend to her, but not rush like it's an emergency.

Katie met GB yesterday! Goldberg is my parent's 16 year-old lab. He's their favorite-- my sisters and I know this for sure. GB is getting old and probably doesn't have much longer, but the vet (who told my parents when the last dog was done) says he's doing pretty well. Like most labs, his hips aren't great. GB was unphased and uninterested in Katie.
Grandma and Grandpa T came over yesterday to help with some projects around the house. It's been so nice having them close-by and involved. We almost finished the powder room re-do that I started about 11 months ago (whoops) and we reupholstered the kitchen bench. I tried to clean the fabric on the bench, but nothing worked and it was disgusting, so we re-covered the bench. It looks great! I'm really glad there are no dogs small enough in the house to get it dirty again!

Gametime! Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment