This weekend, we went to the Howard County Fair, a wedding, and hosted our last Sunday dinner of the summer. Other than Katie pulling her old trick of overeating with a full "reversal of fortune," it was a good weekend. Katie continues to thrive. She spontaneously counts to 10 (usually correctly) and loves singing her ABC's. She loves Baby Signing Time and all the Madagascar movies. Her favorite game is tea party. She also likes to go "swimming" on the floor, complete with kicking and bubbles. She pretends to sleep and makes a snoring noise. She's started yelling "no" when she knows she is doing something wrong, like sitting on the table. She is getting imaginative, like pretending food is there to feed you (usually soup). She is rarely still or quiet, which is wonderful and fun, except at church or events like weddings. She loves being outside.
Tomorrow is 35 weeks according to the original ultrasound. The two follow up ultrasounds had me about 10 days further ahead, so I reasonably William is already farther along than Katie was. This makes me more pregnant than I've ever been. Katie was born a tiny and healthy at 35 weeks and 6 days. I am sore, uncomfortable, and tired. Sleep hasn't been easy. Luckily, my diabetes has been nicely in check with just diet. Tomorrow I start weekly appointments, leading up to Williams arrival.
With a full year under my belt as principal, and a rather successful one, you'd think I'd be hitting my stride, but I'm. It. I find myself anxious about everything from staffing to the future of the school. I wake up worried about instructional ideas, the facility, marketing, everything. I know this is a reflection of how much I care, but its invasive. I have two hired still to complete, and a rather long to-do list. I know I have an amazing team at work who will keep things rolling in the right direction while I'm gone.
Adam continues to be supportive every way possible. She cooks, cleans, does diapers, picks things up off the floor, and makes sure I'm hanging in there. He is gearing up for the school year. He sets such high standards for himself in all areas of life. I am so proud of him, and truly depend on him. I know we can handle baby #2 or anything else life throws at us. In 3 months, we celebrate our 5th anniversary, and 7 years together. We make a pretty good team.
No comments:
Post a Comment