I sit here now more pregnant than I've ever been.. in fact if full week and three days more pregnant than I was with Katie. Before I begin to rant let me make a few things very clear:
1. The health of my child is very important to me. If it wasn't I wouldn't have given up alcohol and taking me silly vitamins and paying very close attention to my glucose levels. I know the longer he stays in, the less risks here are.
2. I am not taking for granted how amazingly special it is that I am able to have not only one child but another one on the way. I know so many people who have struggled with pregnancy and fertility but I don't take this for granted even though I may complain.
3. I am lucky to have had a relatively uneventful pregnancy and know that I am very fortunate that things have gone as well as they have.
4. I have a husband who's support is unwavering. I have a family that is close-by and supportive. I am never at a shortage for live, support, or babysitters.
I am tired of being pregnant. I am bored with my maternity clothes. I feel huge. I am uncomfortable. I am not sleeping well. Most of all, I have a heightened anxiety about the whole childbirth experience. I was induced with Katie so I don't know what to expect. Every twinge has me on the edge of my seat.
I am tired of being called cute. I'm sick of my bulging stomach being my identity, to others and to me. I'm tired of not being useful around the house, and Adam saying it's okay. It hurts to lay anyway except my left side, which means my hips ache. I'm tired of pricking for glucose tests. I'm overwhelmed, exhausted, and ready for the next step.
William Greer, you have 16 days max left in this comfortable home you've k own thus far.
Yes, watching 16&pregnant does help put it all in prospective.
No comments:
Post a Comment