Sunday, December 29, 2013

ZooLights: Never Again

I love the National Zoo and we recently became members of the zoo!  Yesterday, we attended the worst event. I'm so glad it was *free.

Drove to DC. Our zoo membership includes free parking- but the parking lots were "full"- We could see open spaces. E drove around for just under an hour looking for parking.

8 block walk to the zoo. But a zoo with really no animals because it's not lit for night.

Now, picture the zoo on a crowded day. Yuppy mommies with fancy strollers and intitlement in tow, families with too many kids, uninvolved parents on thee cellphone, couples in their 20's at the zoo because it's "cute," and international tourists who do not ever keep right.

Now remove places to stop (animal exhibits). Add darkness.  Loss of depth perception. And add what would be a great light display if a residential street set it up...

Then trek back to your car with people yelling obscenities to each other in pedistiran versus car battles of who can break the most laws in an intersection.

I wasn't feeling great, which didn't help.








No comments:

Post a Comment