Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Back to Reality?


Back to school is always an interesting time of year for those who work in schools. We're lucky- we get to re-start every year: new kids, fresh start, new goals, new challenges. I really enjoy my job as a school counselor and can't imagine not starting off a new school year! It's been pretty difficult the last few weeks. Not only did I take it easy in August (no alarms, lots of downtime), I'm also physically at the point now where it's hard to do simple things like go from sitting to standing or put on shoes. So, this "back to school" has been more of an adjustment than usual. It's hard to do back-to-back meetings or classroom activities... bathroom breaks are required!




My co-workers have been great, and I'm sure will continue to be super supportive. I'm not moving as quickly as I usually do, so I feel like I'm getting less done.. which makes me feel like I'm letting people down. I know I set high expectations, sometimes unrealistic ones even.



Adam has been so helpful. When I tell him in the morning that I've been up for a while or I had a crappy night's sleep, he tells me I should've woken him up. There's really not anything he can do to make me more comfortable, and I feel it's only going to get worse. One of us deserves to get a good night's sleep while we can!





Me, with Tyler (Peguy's son) and his 1st birthday gifts!




No comments:

Post a Comment