Hi Friends and Family-
I wanted to fill you in on some good news!
As of this week, I am the new principal at St. Matthias Apostle school in Lanham, MD. This has been a whirlwind of a two week period. I am not someone who sat down with "principal" as a career goal, but this opportunity was one I could not pass up learning more about. Throughout the interview process, I was truly waiting to hear something that deterred me from moving forward- I loved my job at St. Mary's in Laurel and had no intentions of leaving. It is a small school, and they have decided (even in good economic times and the days of "waiting lists") to stay small. The school and church have a rich history, and have produced some of the smartest students that I worked with at McNamara. The pastor is 100% behind the school and is invested in its success.
Both the church and school website are in the process of revamping, but I'll pass it along so you can check it out.
http://www.stmatthias.org
This is a great move for our family as well. The school is just over 6 miles from home, but in a different community, so I do not know the students. This also means I have given notice to my coaching jobs that I will not be returning. It's bittersweet, and I'm not sure what "normal" people do over the summers on Saturday mornings, but I am excited to be able to focus my energy and gifts toward one role. I *should* be home earlier than I would be with coaching most nights. I also have the ability to come home for the afternoon and dinner before returning to work for school board, parish council, etc.
If you have suggestions, ideas, services, donations, or anything you think may benefit my new school, please let me know. I am so excited to bring new fun to this already-succeeding community. I feel I am lucky to be entrusted with such a special place. Really- it's a great little school-- you'll have to come see it and I can take you on a tour!
And, yes, I am expecting all of you with young children to send them to my school. So plan ahead!
Thank you, and please keep me in your thoughts and prayers. This is truly a leap of faith, but and educated and excited one.
BSR Board Members-
I am writing with both exciting and sad news. Over the past two weeks, I have gone through the interview process for a new position for this upcoming school year. I am excited to let you know that I will be the new principal at St. Matthias Apostle School in Lanham. I am so honored to be taking on this new role, but this does mean I will be a 12-month employee, so my coaching days are over. It has been an pleasure serving as the BSR head coach for the past six summers. Adam and I are planning on becoming members next summer and we look forward to being swim team parents in the future.
As this was not an anticipated transition, I want to make sure I am here to help in any way possible. I also understand if you want to take swim team and/or lessons in a different direction, so my guidance will not be necessary.
Please let me know what I can do to help. I so love Belair Swim and Raquet club and the swim team, and will support you in any way I can.
I will be emailing the swim team families separately to inform them of my new endeavor.
With thanks,
BSR Swim Team Family-
I am writing with both exciting and sad news. Over the past two weeks, I have gone through the interview process for a new position for this upcoming school year. I am excited to let you know that I will be the new principal at St. Matthias Apostle School in Lanham. I am so honored to be taking on this new role, but this does mean I will be a 12-month employee, so my coaching days are over.
It has been an pleasure serving as the BSR head coach for the past six summers. You have welcomed me into your families, and I am so appreciative for all your love, trust and support. While I am leaving this role, I am not leaving the BSR family. Adam and I are planning on becoming members next summer and we look forward to being swim team parents in the future.
With thanks,
Hi My St. Mary's Family-
It is with great excitement and sadness that I want to let you know I have accepted a new position for next school year. It has been a crazy and interesting last two weeks, but I am excited to be starting as the principal at St Matthias Apostle School in Lanham, MD.
I ask that you please keep me in your prayers as I make this leap of faith.
I greatly appreciate all your love and support over the past three years, and please know that I hope to continue to be a resource and friend!
FAST Families-
I am writing with both exciting and sad news. Over the past two weeks, I have gone through the interview process for a new position for this upcoming school year. I am excited to let you know that I will be the new principal at St. Matthias Apostle School in Lanham. I am so honored to be taking on this new role, but this does mean I will be a 12-month employee, so my coaching days are over.
This was not an anticipated career change for me, so I am truly excited and saddened all at once. FAST has been an important part of my life for over a decade. Manga took a chance on a novice college-aged coach, and forever changed me and my path in life. I am a better educator, friend and parent because of the lessons I have learned as a coach. Words cannot describe how much your trust and friendship have meant to me over the years.
I promise to not be a stranger, so I will come to visit (maybe even a guest coaching spot, Manga?).
Thank you, and please keep in touch!
It's been one heck of a day.
Congratulations! So excited for you, Adam, and Katie as you transition to your new position - yay Principal Greer :o)
ReplyDelete