
Aunt Danielle and Andie watched Katie this morning while I was at a swim meet and Adam was at Bishop McNamara to welcome those students admitted for the fall in the honors program. She was a bit cranky, apparently.
This noontime, Katie tried squash that I made a few weeks ago. She did not like it, but I have been warned by my trusty pediatric gastroenterology that it takes a bunch of tries to acquire a taste for new foods. Katie seems to enjoy her high chair. She likes pulling her right leg up and resting it on the plastic (as you can see in one of the pictures).
I have had a great time making food for Katie. I love cooking, but meals become tricky because I somehow can never time all the parts to finish at the same time. Baby food is easy, freezable, and a one-dish meal. So far, I have made spinach, squash, a blueberry/pear/rice cereal mix, green beans, apples, pears, carrots, plums, and mango! Katie can't have all of this yet, but they're all frozen, so we can thaw and use as needed.



After her mess of a meal, we took a bath. Katie loved her bath last weekend at the hotel. Today, she again enjoyed it-- kicking and reaching for the bath toys. I floated her on her stomach a bit (head out of the water, of course) and she seemed to enjoy it. This evening, we played and watched some basketball. She enjoys playing with items, reaching for things she wants, kicking, drooling, opening her mouth as wide as she can, and watching everything she can! Here is a video of Katie playing this evening (yes, evening! She actually wasn't too cranky..) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NBerkrhotA
No comments:
Post a Comment