The day started with Katie and me going to St Matthias. I had work to get done an then we setup for Mini Mustangs Field Day!
Katie refers to the faculty room as her office. There she colors and plays, and usually rather independently. Since the bathrooms beside my office were originally the kindergarten bathrooms, Katie can use the potty independently as well. She likes going to mommy's work.
Next we setup for our Mini Mustangs Field Day- a community event for kids ages 2-6 years old.
Katie has attended all the Mini Mustang sessions- so she's starting to know the other kids who are siblings of current saint Matthias students. I'm especially excited that she plays well with a little girl a year older who's sisters are just great young ladies!
Katie enjoyed her Mini Mustangs Field Day!
When we got home, we changed quickly and got back in the car with the boys to head to Baltimore. For my birthday, my parents got me a Living Social deal to the science center. It was one of my favorite places to visit growing up. We now have a one year family membership!
Even though it ran well into nap time, we had a great visit. Many areas were too advanced for Katie (I tried really hard to explain ATP to her I the cell area- oh well). We learned our lessons and should end with the kids play room area.. Katie was terrified of and loved the planetarium all at once.
Katie enjoyed the merry-go-round. We got a streak of orange sprayed in her hair, and ate pizza for dinner. We also ran into former swimmers as students. The night ended with Katie's first fireworks and Will's first baseball game.






















I feel like you always push multiple days into one. I couldn't keep up with all of that :)
ReplyDelete