Katie has decided not to sleep through the night anymore-- the last few nights, she has been horrible when trying to get her to sleep. Daylight savings time really threw off our routine and she hasn't gotten back on it. I also have a really tough time with the mentality of "let her cry it out" given what I know about attachment development. Last night, Katie eventually passed out watching lacrosse game film in Adam's arms at 9pm. She was up again around midnight for a feeding and was SO cranky during and between, and not interested in eating at first at all that I moved her sleep-thingy into our room to gear up for a long night-- luckily that was the only time she was up.
I know that there is no way to be a perfect parent, and a zillion ways to be a good one, but I really wish I wasn't so worried about doing the wrong thing all the time. When she falls asleep and rolls to her stomach, do I leave her there or flip her over? She wakes up if I flip her. Do we stay in the loud, usually unruly crying room at church, or do we start training her to be quiet during mass and hope for the best? And don't even get me started on this whole solid food fiasco... she loves playing with the stuff, but not much goes in for us (she does the best for Ms. Sue, her daycare lady).
Add to the stress that it's lacrosse season, so Adam has games/practices til around 6 every night and he's headed to Austin for a conference for work Saturday- Tuesday. The Jeep is getting work done on it, but will be sold as soon as we make the repairs, so we're attempting to do new car research. I'm still coaching two evenings a week, and every once in a while we get to do laundry and clean the house.
is she teething now?? sometimes that messes with their sleeping and causes excess crankiness...also A rolls onto his belly now during the night and I usually leave him that way (as long as he isn't shoved up against the side of the crib) - he tends to sleep better that way so I leave him alone :o) hopefully we can get these two little ones together for playdate soon
ReplyDeleteWe had the same concern and same issue about rolling -- the pediatrician told us that so long as they can roll onto their stomach, it's safe to leave them there because that means they can also roll onto their back if need be. We ran into problems at day care because they kept trying to move her back onto her back and she would wake up and not nap. We assured them that it was fine to allow her to stay on her stomach. I means that Katie is a stomach sleeper (like Alyssa).
ReplyDelete